Ask a therapist
What should we talk about on a roadtrip?
Every Friday, we open our Instagram to the Ours community and let couples submit questions to our team of couples therapists. We pick the most interesting ones and write our thoughts here. This week’s question is: “What are some productive questions to ask each other on a long drive?”
Long drives offer a perfect opportunity to deepen your connection, laugh together, and explore each other’s thoughts and dreams. To add an extra dose of fun and discovery to your journey, try asking each other these engaging questions:
Getting to know each other
- If you could teleport to any place right now, where would you go and why?
- What’s a childhood memory that always brings a smile to your face?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
- What’s a small gesture or action I do that makes you feel loved and appreciated?
- If we were to have a couple’s theme song, what would it be and why?
- What’s a shared dream or adventure you’d love for us to experience together someday?
Fun and quirky
- If we swapped roles for a day, what would be the first thing you’d do in my shoes?
- What’s the most hilarious or embarrassing thing that’s happened to you on a trip?
- If you could create a new holiday, what would it celebrate and how would we celebrate it?
Deep dive discussions
- What’s one thing you’re really passionate about that you wish more people understood?
- If you could offer one piece of advice to your younger self about relationships, what would it be?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn or try but haven’t had the chance to yet?
Future and aspirations
- Where do you see us in 10 years? Any dreams or goals you’d love for us to achieve together?
- If we were to start a new tradition, what would it be and why?
- What’s one thing you’re excited to experience or accomplish in the near future?
Couples therapy on Ours
Have even more structured conversations with a licensed therapist at Ours.